sighthawks

sighthawks

Monday 4 February 2013

PAINTED PAVEMENTS


EDWARD HOPPER & PAVEMENT

Good colours and shit.
More good colours and shit.
Aight so yo. My friend who likes art and shit told me about Edward Hopper and I've been looking at a few of his paintings this evening. They're pretty tight. I like the colours and the shading and shit. 

Good shading and shit
Now while you recover from that statement that just turned the whole world of art criticism on its head, i can tell you about the song I've grown to love this evening. 

A few months ago i was playing the song 'Here' by pavement in my car wherever I went (24-hour Mcdonalds, Corner shop, 24-hour KFC, middle-of-the-road-shop, seventh circle of hell, library, 24-hour petrol shop). Its really good. "HERE" it is below (jokes for days.)

So I've dabbled in some pavement before (if that sentence gave you an image of someone looking really shady and periodically scratching and sniffing real world pavements then congratulations! GreAt MiNds ThInK Alike). 

Moving on, I came across a new pavement song i really dig, so maybe you should listen to it too. It's called Blue Hawaiian- Blue like the colour and Hawaiian like someone that comes from Hawaii- the U.S State that's basically a bunch giant volcanoes. 

Getting back to the song, I like the kind of sporadic melody that changes up, and the catchy chorus where he changes pitch. Here is my best written impression of said catchy bit. ("youknowyourcheekshavelostheir LUSTer" and "the notesaregroupedin CLUSters.."). Because that has probably not gotten you, avid 4 readers, any closer to knowing how this song sounds, I'll just post it below.


Scarlett Johansson.

No comments:

Post a Comment